To all Cross Plain Health Centre patients
We are now able to tell you that Cross Plain Health Centre is indeed the practice that will move to the new Larkhill Medical Building. The purpose designed building will be shared with the Ministry of Defence and is the first of its kind in the UK. As well as our NHS practice it will hold a Families Medical Centre, a Medical Centre for serving personnel and a military dental centre. The new premises are badly needed by Cross Plain Health Centre as both surgeries in Durrington and Shrewton, which have served us well, no longer meet the requirements for health premises and are both running out of car parking spaces.
This move has been discussed and planned for a couple of years. Other local surgeries were involved in the discussions and were offered the opportunity to occupy the new space. Those that were eligible were offered more space where they are currently placed and chose this instead as their buildings are in better condition than ours.
Whilst the lease arrangements are still to be finalised we are able to be clear about the following;
- The move begins in June 2019 with the closure of our Shrewton surgery and the transfer of all its patients and services to temporary accommodation in Larkhill. This is because the new build was delayed by planning permission concerns in the early stages.
- The new MoD families start to arrive in June 2019, during the summer holidays, and so both Cross Plain Health Centre and the MoD will be sharing temporary facilities placed beside the new build whilst it is completed.
- In June there will be no material change for Durrington patients. In September 2019 more services move from Durrington to Larkhill into the temporary accommodation.
- The temporary accommodation will be sited beside the new facility and will open off Willoughby Road
- In February 2020 the new Health Centre will be handed over to us and it is hoped that the full move will be completed by March 2020
- The Tidworth premises will be unchanged throughout.
Services available to patients will not be changing at either end of the practice and, at the end of the move, Cross Plain Health Centre will have two, fit for future purpose, buildings with plenty of car parking on site or nearby.
The final details are not yet known but as we near the stages of the moves patient information sessions will be held to ensure everyone is kept up to date.
Mrs Ruth Freeman
To view the original letter please see the link below: